Please join and submit your research papers to the 1st International Workshop on Media fragment creation and reMIXing (MMIX’13)!
The workshop is co-located with IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME 2013) in San Jose, California, USA from July 15 to 19, 2013.
This workshop aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from the different fields that contribute to the development of technologies and applications for media fragment creation and remixing, with emphasis both on the presentation of new supporting technologies for the creation and understanding of media fragments (e.g. video decomposition at different granularity levels; extraction of concepts, events, or textual descriptions that capture the meaning of specific media fragments) and on novel applications of such technologies for media fragment re-use and re- mixing in various domains, such as the traditional media industry, the news industry, video blogging and social media applications, and others.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Multimedia fragmentation techniques
- Concept detection from media fragments
- Event detection from media fragments
- Event recounting and textual description of media fragments
- Media fragment description
- Media fragment search and retrieval
- Media fragments in the social Web
- User interfaces for media fragment manipulation
- Novel media fragment re-use and remixing results with commercial application
Workshop Paper Submission: March 7, 2013
Notification of Workshop Paper Acceptance: April 15, 2013
Camera-Ready Paper: April 30, 2013
For further information please visit this link.