MediaMixer as a project is promoting the use of innovative semantic technology for analysing, annotating, managing and re-using media assets at the fragment level to the benefit of both the media owner and the media consumer.
However, any new technology needs explanation: what technology exists for each task? where is it and how can I use it? what does it support, what not, and what experiences have been had with it? MediaMixer supports interested adopters on its community portal with lists of useful software and demonstrators, and can directly help community members via online forums, events and offers of knowledge and technology transfer*.
As part of this, we just published the first version of the Core Technology Set. This document introduces the different aspects of MediaMixer technology with a state of the art, existing technology and specifications, and links to further information and downloads. We cover:
- Media Fragment specification, server playout and client playout
- Media Fragment creation via visual analysis
- Media Fragment description using annotation models and controlled vocabularies
- Media Fragment rights management
- Media Fragment asset management including fragment identification
- Media Fragment re-use via search and retrieval in IT systems
This technology is in flux and we will update the Core Technology Set when necessary. Any registered community member (registration is free) can access the document, and if you have questions or comments on it, you can start a discussion in our What is MediaMixer? forum.